Does it make sense to group allies together?
Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:56 PM
In absence of defensive support function or rallying, far better option is to stay in distance not to group. You can attack other alliances from different points on map as good, as from one place, and such dispersed alliance is very hard to find and attack.
- HowardZef, Josephtew and KayaEdy like this
Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:13 AM
Hives provide a great defensive option if you set up your alliance correctly and you should by NO MEANS want to spread all your players around in either "mini hives" of 2-4 players who can be easily picked off or players by themselves who can be attacked even easier if someone wants to.
Here is why hives are beneficial and what you can do to make yours work:
1) Make sure EVERY player in the hive has a hospital that fully covers his troops. Get members of your alliance if they are active to build around 9-10 hospitals eventually as this will easily support 100k+ troops when they are around the 700k mark.
2) It will cost attackers a lot of troops to attack a hive and if everyone is covered they will quickly run out of these troops. They are also vulnerable to counter attack when their marches are out or troops depleted to tiny amounts. A sustained attack on a hive is much more difficult than a sustained attack on a small group.
3) The movement of resources can be very quick, players can essentially send their resources to someone else to keep for them before sending them back and players can very quickly send resources to get troops out of hospital fast.
4) The fear factor of a massive hive and the influence it will command in the surrounding area on the map cannot be ignored. Players who may have otherwise attacked your members may think again due to the amount of members occupying a spot and may even move away, it also provides a sense of community to see your other members nearby you.
5) Training and letting weaker members grow is simple, simply position your best members around the edges of the hive and weaker members around the center. If you are a multi-guild alliance and have a massive amount of players this is a great strategy as if someone sends a march towards a weaker member the stronger members can easily attack and rid his castle of all resources and force him to what to pull back very quickly.
6) When the attacking update comes hives will only become a more beneficial centre for the Alliance community.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users